Well...I suppose we will just have to wait....by the 2014 code cycle all receptacles will be gfci/afci/tamper resistant protected. Of course the price of a home service will have risen to about $10,000.00 but everyone will be happy because they are so safe right??? :P

Well maybe not the home owners but the electrical manufacturers association and the contractors who don't care about raping thier clients sure will be.

I'm sorry but in this case the NFPA has gone way beyond it's mandate and has given in to lobbying. It must be nice to have a tame quasi-government/insurance/AHJ agency that can tell millions of people they have to buy your completely worthless product.

Two years ago everyone said this would never happen...it was far too obvious an excursion of NEMA power on the code making process...opps, I guess someone forgot to mention that to NEMA.

So now that we can obviously see who is making the code for this country and why without any doubts, are you willing to take it back from them?

The process is open to anyone....get involved and stop the madness.